Before beginning, make sure the equipment you are working around has the proper safety lock outs applied and that you are aware and clear of all pinch points.
One TPCA clamp can be configured for single or dual arms. Arms can be swapped or replaced in the field.
Watch the video to learn how to convert a dual arm clamp into a single arm clamp.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cycle the Clamp to the CLOSED Position.
- Remove all Electric and Air Lines from the clamp.
WARNING - Do NOT work on or around power clamps which have electric and air lines connected.
- Remove the screw and nut from the clamp arm(s).
- Use a rubber mallet to carefully remove a clamp arm.
- Make sure the pins on the hub are aligned flush with each other. Push or pull any pins which may need to be adjusted.
- Attach a single arm cap or a second clamp arm to the pin hub.
- Reinstall the nut on the arm side of the clamp.
- Install and tighten down the screw. (Use a longer screw for a dual arm configuration, or a smaller screw for a single arm configuration.)
- Torque the screw to the specifications shown in the Arm Screw Torque Chart.
Arm Screw Torque Chart
||9.5 Nm [7 lb-ft]
||23 Nm [17 lb-ft]
||45 Nm [33 lb-ft]
||79 Nm [58 lb-ft]